Information we collect:
- Information you provide to us (E.g. emails, playlists / songs).
- Your IP address.
- Your listening habits.
- Information about your interaction with the website & desktop app, including any advertisements.
- Information relating to the location of your device (Country).
How we use your information
By accessing the website and/or applications, you agree that we may collect, hold, use or otherwise process your information (All information, including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with those products and services you request or access, and developing our business.
How do we process and store credit card information and purchases?
Rhythm uses the payment processor Stripe. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
How are transactions handled on Rhythm:
- User enters their card information and confirms the processing of their card information.
- The card information is securly sent to the Stripe servers.
- The Stripe servers generate a token based off of the card information, which is then sent back to the user.
- A connection is then sent from the user to the Rhythm servers, which includes the last four digits of the card, the card expiration date and the Stripe generated token.
- The Rhythm servers then send a charge request to Stripe using the token generated by Stripe.
Our servers will only have access to process and store the last four digits of your credit/debit card and your card expiration date.
Why does Rhythm collect and use personal data?
- To personalize and improve your experience with the Rhythm services.
- To improve our functionality and create new products.
- Your listening habits will be used to improve your listening experiences and our curated playlist systems.
How do we store passwords?
Passwords are one way encrypted and stored on our database. One way encryption makes it impossible to decrypt passwords stored in our database. Communication is transferred over an SSL connection, which provides protection to all data being transferred between our users and the servers.